One of the most common ways to make a gift to AAJ Foundation is to write a check made out to the AAJ Foundation.
A gift of cash could be right for you if:
- You want the easiest way to donate to AAJ.
- You want the largest possible income tax charitable deduction for your gift.
- You would like to make the gift to AAJ that has the greatest immediate impact.
How it works
You make a gift of cash directly to AAJ and you receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction.
American Association for Justice
Attention: AAJ Foundation
Washington DC 20073-0747
Overnight Lockbox Address:
American Association for Justice c/o AAJ Foundation
Attention: Lockbox 820747
525 Fellowship Road, Suite 330
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054-3415
How Your Gift Helps
Your gifts to the AAJ Foundations help in protecting and shaping the civil justice system for our children and grandchildren. It will provide the AAJ with the resources to…
What is an outright gift of cash?
An outright gift of cash is when you transfer funds to AAJ Foundation and get nothing of financial value in return. The most common way for donors to make an outright gift is to write a check payable to AAJ Foundation.
Gift provides immediate support
Unlike some other gift arrangements, your outright gift will provide resources that AAJ can put to immediate use. If you prefer to restrict our use of your gift in any way, please contact us so that we can be sure that we can carry out your wishes.
Maximum tax savings
You may deduct the full amount of your donation up to 60% of your adjusted gross income, providing tax savings if you itemize. You may carry forward all of your unused deduction for up to five additional years.
Ways to give cash
Most donors make an outright gift by writing a check payable to AAJ Foundation and mailing it to us. You may also make a cash gift using your credit card.
Tracy Weaver would like to make an immediate $15,000 gift to AAJ Foundation. Tracy could write a check for this amount and earn a charitable deduction equal to $15,000. Alternatively, Tracy could make a gift using her credit card by calling us on the phone, responding to a mailing, or by donating online through our website. Gifts of checks and gifts made via credit cards are considered cash gifts.
- Tracy may deduct up to 60% of her adjusted gross income for her gift of cash, providing tax savings if she itemizes.
- If Tracy itemizes deductions but cannot use the entire deduction in the year of gift, she may carry the balance forward for up to five additional years.
- Assuming Tracy itemizes deductions and can use her entire income tax charitable deduction of $15,000, she will save her $5,550 (37% tax).
- Tracy will gain the satisfaction of making a $15,000 gift to AAJ.